- Know the difference between coated and uncoated stock.
Coated is gloss or dull and uncoated is the kind letterhead is made of.
- Know the difference between Cover and Text weight paper.
Cover weight is what business cards are on and text is what letterhead is on.
- Inks/Colors you want to print. 4-color process (CMYK) or PMS colors.
This information is important to the pricing for any project. Ask if you are not sure.
- Proof approval is the final step before any job is printed.
Take extra time to proof and make any changes that are needed.
- Always check phone numbers, addresses, spellings of names and headlines to be correct.
These items are where most mistakes occur and are so simple to check and fix.
- If your project requires any extra special steps, fast turn delivery and/or packaging make sure that is very clear to the customer service person.